Productivity championship Award 2019 @ Bangalore & Interactive Session with Productivity Champions on 15th April 2019 @ Pune!
National Productivity Summit will be held on 21 – 22 Aug 2019 @ Bangalore
Interactive session with Productivity Champions on Best Practices in Manufacturing
15 Apr 2019, IMTMA Pune
Case Study Presentations
Ø Bajaj Auto, Chakan
Bajaj Auto, Chakan plant, achieved dramatic improvement of yield and cost savings by replacing forgings with sintered parts for balancer driven and idler gears. The sintered gears were near net shape with a yield of 95% against forgings with a yield of 70%. The case study presentation will elaborate the approach used and study carried out to achieve this.
Ø Kiehin FIE, Pune
Kiehinfie Pvt. Ltd., had to increase manufacturing capacity by 89% in the shortest possible time, with zero investment, and without increasing floor space. Their case study presents how they accepted this challenge in their machine shop and the steps they took.
Ø Mahindra & Mahindra, Foundry Division, Kandivali
Repetitive manual operations led to bottleneck, fatigue and quality issues in the existing legacy foundry line – core lifting and vent hole poking. A low cost automation (LCA) project was used to overcome this challenge, resulting in enhanced quality, output, and lower cost.
Plant Visit – Kiehin FIE, Pune
Technical tour to Keihin FIE Pvt. Ltd., that provides delegates a unique opportunity to witness how their National Level Award Winning, Productivity Improvement Project on “Increase in machining line capacity with minimum investment to fulfil customer demand” is translated into action…. Seeing is Believing
· Productivity Improvement in diverse areas such as material substitution, machine shop and in foundry
· Quantum jump in productivity and cost savings
· Motivation to engineers that there is tremendous scope for improvement with ‘out of the box thinking’
· Challenge yourself to compete in next National Productivity Summit
08:45 – 09:30 hrs
09:30 – 09:45 hrs
Presentation on Productivity Championship Awards 2019 Competition
09:45 – 10:30 hrs
Presentation by Bajaj Auto, Chakan
10:30 – 10:50 hrs
10:50 – 11:35 hrs
Presentation by Mahindra & Mahindra, Kandivali
11:35 – 11:40 hrs
11:40 – 12:25 hrs
Presentation by Keihinfie, Pune
12:25 – 13:30 hrs
13:30 – 14:15 hrs
Departure from IMTMA Pune office to Keihin FIE
14:15 – 16:15 hrs
Plant visit at Keihin FIE
16:15 – 17:00 hrs
Travel from Keihin FIE to IMTMA Pune office
Top Management Executives, Senior Executives, Practicing engineers and R&D Specialists from manufacturing industries viz. Automotive, Auto components, Consumer durables, Machine tool, Tool rooms, Aerospace, Defence and Railway units, PSUs, General Engg. and other discrete manufacturing industries.
· Confirmation for plant visit will be at the sole discretion of Keihin FIE Pvt. Ltd.
· Provisional registration can be done by filling the details online without payment of fees. This will help us to confirm you about factory visit. Later you may pay full fees
· Registration for plant visits will be limited to 25 delegates only and will be taken on ‘first-come-first’ basis
· Pre-payment of delegate fee is mandatory for confirmation of participation (issues if any, please contact the coordinator)
Registration Fee: Rs.2500 Per Delegate + 18% GST for Non-members & Rs. 2000 Per Delegate + 18% GST for Members
Registration: Please visit the below link and click “Register for this programme” –
Any further details / help if required, please contact the undersigned.
Indian Machine Tool Manufacturers’ Association
Address: IMTMA Technology Centre, 12/5, D1 Block, MIDC Chinchwad, Pune 411019
Mobile: 9767164221 | Tel: 8149045462 / 63 | Email: Dhananjay@imtma.in
Glimpse of NPS 2018: http://www.productivity.imtma.in/glimpses-of-productivity-summit